In 2001, after witnessing an overwhelming community need, the Community Learning Centers were created to provide children a safe and fun before/after school extended learning environment. Since then, this amazing program has expanded to serve thousands of kids a year, at 8 districts, at 10 sites, year-round, throughout Wood, Ottawa, and Sandusky Counties! Our services provide children with homework assistance, breakfast/snack, physical activities, fun extended learning opportunities, and a safe place to have fun outside the school day. Over 75% of our kids are below 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines and many have behavioral and/or academic needs. We target these amazing kids to give them the chance to have opportunities they might not have the financial ability to do otherwise. Beyond serving these needs, we also provide kids a place to go to receive a smile, hug, and the support they need every time they walk in our door! The difference our program makes is staggering. According to teachers and parents, 95% of our kids have improved socially and emotionally and 80% academically. Please help us continue to provide the BEST in services to our Community Learning Center kids by filling out the donation form below.
We understand many donors would like to stay anonymous, but if possible, we would love to publish pictures and give social media recognition to our donors and supporters. You deserve attention for the amazing gift you have given children and we would love to invite you to visit one of our sites to see your gift in action. Contributions of over $1,000 will receive recognition at a yearly CLC event, their company logo placed on our STAR of the Month t-shirts, social media recognition, photo opportunities, and a published media release. Please help us make a difference, one child at a time!
Our STARS wishlists include
- Funding for a trip to the Toledo Zoo- $2,000
- New iPads- $300 per tablet
- Fun and exciting literacy and math related curriculum- $500
- Funding to provide kids the opportunity to participate in afterschool activities, including soccer, football, art, foreign language, and more- $1,000
- Computer Coding Curriculum- $500
- Engineering activities- $300
- ANY gift is greatly appreciated by our STARS! If there is an item or idea you have regarding donation, we’d love to hear it!